With my birthday quickly approaching (next week!), I am sharing 5 of my favorite ways to celebrate birthdays. As an hostess by trade, I tend to take even the smallest occasions to the next level. My roommate and I in college were the queens of celebrating, anything from birthdays to first jobs. We made sure all of our loved ones felt special.
Image from Studio DIY
1. Wake up early and make a special breakfast for the person’s big day. I love these funfetti pancakes, my sweet roomie made them for my 21st birthday a few years back.
2. Mix up a unique cocktail and name it after the honoree for all of your guests to enjoy if throwing a soiree.
3. Make a countdown to the big day and place it on the birthday girl/guy’s door or office.
4. Ask friends and family to write special notes to the person celebrating.
5. In lieu of a traditional birthday gift instead give an experience. This could be a weekend getaway, trip to a winery, adventure such as zip lining, or trying a new restaurant.
These are only a few of the many ways to show how much you care about loved ones for birthdays. Next week, I have a big post planned for my birthday, be on the lookout for it!